Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Brookings & Gold Beach
On average, 12,414 cases of medical malpractice are reported each year to the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB), a government database compiling all medical malpractice claims and payments across the US. In the state of Oregon alone, $423.54 million in compensation was paid to victims of medical malpractice between 2009 and 2018. Not only is medical malpractice an incredibly common occurrence resulting in millions of payouts annually, but it also comprises a significant cause of fatalities. According to Johns Hopkins University, over 250,000 people die every year throughout the nation due to medical errors and negligence on behalf of health care professionals, making it the third-leading cause of death in the nation.
Consider the information below to learn more about medical malpractice, then contact Shlesinger & deVilleneuve today to discuss how we can help you receive compensation for injury or wrongful death that occurred as a result of medical malpractice.
While every case is different and involves a unique set of circumstances, the most common forms of medical malpractice include the following:
- Lack of informed consent, a foundation component of medical care in which the health care provider must offer patients a thorough explanation detailing potential risks of the proposed treatment
- Failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis, or delay of diagnosis, allowing the illness or disease to progress to a more advanced stage
- Failure to treat a condition or improper treatment, such as neglecting to completely remove all surgical dressing or equipment following a surgical procedure, leading to infections and other health complications
- Prescription drug errors due to prescribing the wrong medication or ordering an incorrect dosage or errors due to administering the medication, such as giving the patient the wrong medication or an improper dosage
- Anesthesia error, including failure to properly evaluate the patient’s records to prepare for potential risks or failure to carefully monitor their vital signs during a surgical procedure
Childbirth injuries due to inadequate prenatal care or errors during delivery, most commonly failing to initiate a cesarean section in a prompt manner or misusing equipment like forceps or vacuum extractors
- Negligence in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities, ranging from neglect of medical, emotional, or basic hygiene needs to intentional physical, emotional or sexual abuse
Obtain Justice and Restitution Today
Medical malpractice claims tend to be incredibly complex, challenging, and difficult to win. A valid medical malpractice claim involves meeting a variety of specific guidelines, such as fully investigating the case, gathering medical records and expert witness testimony to support the claim, negotiating with insurance companies, and ensuring all documentation is filed within the state statute of limitations. At Shlesinger & deVilleneuve, our experienced team has the knowledge, resources, and litigation skill to aggressively advocate for you and deliver the best outcome in your case. We are proud of our impressive record of obtaining results for clients, with 95% recovering compensation for their injuries.
If you believe you or a loved one suffered from medical malpractice, contact Shlesinger & deVilleneuve immediately to discuss your case. With our expert assistance, you can direct your focus toward healing from your injury while we handle fighting for your case and protecting your rights. Get in touch with our team by visiting our website and scheduling a consultation. We will guide you through every step of the claims process, and you owe no attorney fees until we win your case.
Let Shlesinger & deVilleneuve Attorneys
fight for you
Shlesinger & deVilleneuve has been protecting the rights of injured Oregon residents for more than four decades and has been able to secure compensation for over 95% of our clients. In particular, our attorneys are dedicated to going up against large insurance firms and corporations in order to protect those individuals who are wrongfully injured. Contact us today and a member of our team will connect with you and work to schedule a complimentary appointment. As a personal injury client of our firm, you will not be required to pay any fee unless we settle your case or win in court. You have enough to worry about – let our team be your advocate!