On the job injury attorneys in eugene
If you have been injured on the job and that injury compromises your ability to work, Oregon’s Worker’s Compensation law is designed to cover all of your medical bills, and two thirds of your wages. You are entitled to receive benefits until you are able to return to work, whenever that may be. The benefits you receive will depend on the nature of the injuries you have. The most common on-the-job injuries include:
- Musculoskeletal Injuries of the Upper body: (neck, back, arms, hands) caused by overexertion – lifting, pushing, repetitive motion, hand pinching, gripping, vibration, etc.
- Musculoskeletal Injuries of the Lower Body: (hips, legs, knees, feet) caused by overexertion, kneeling, squatting, repetitive motion, lifting, awkward posture, etc.
- Head Injuries: (head, neck, eyes, ears) caused by falls, eyesight injuries, hearing loss, etc.
- Illness From Substances, Toxins and/or Chemicals caused by coal, asbestos, PCB’s, pesticides, chemical cleaners, etc.
- Falls at Same Level: slips, trips, and falls on flat surface
- Falls from Elevation: falls from ladders, roofs or other elevated areas
- Machinery: caused when part of the body is caught in/under/between pieces of machinery
- Automobile or Moving Vehicle: caused by work-related auto/truck accidents, lifting machinery, cherry-pickers, etc.
If you have been injured on the job, or suspect that something at your workplace is making you sick, it is vital that you file your workers compensation claim as soon as possible; there are time limits for filing for on-the-job injury claims! If you are denied, you must file an appeal within 60 days, or lose your benefits entirely! Filing a “workers’ comp” claim can be extremely difficult to navigate; it is far better to hire an experienced compensation attorney as soon as possible – especially in Oregon!
The skilled lawyers at Shlesinger & deVilleneuve have years of experience in the field of workers’ compensation law; every year we handle almost 1000 Worker’s Compensation claims. We have the medical knowledge to talk to your doctors and gather the facts, and we are dedicated to facing down the big insurance companies who will try to deny your claim – or award you as little as possible. Our firm works on a contingency basis only, with limits that are set by the state, and we only accept a fee if we recover your benefits! Call our office; we will get back to you the same day to schedule your consultation. At Shlesinger & deVilleneuve, we don’t work for the bottom line – we work for you!
Shlesinger & deVilleneuve Job Injury Attorneys
At Shlesinger & deVilleneuve, we make sure that your claim as well as your documents are in proper order so you receive approval of benefits as quickly as you possibly can! Don’t delay getting in touch with us; we are committed to returning your inquiry that same day and will schedule a time to meet with you at no cost. All of our work for you is done on a contingency basis, meaning that you are not required to pay a fee unless we secure a positive outcome for your case. Simply put – we get paid if you do!