If you have suffered an injury in an accident, and you have made the wise decision to hire a personal injury attorney to represent your interests and protect you from a potential lifetime of financial stress due to another party’s negligence, your next step is to choose the best lawyer to represent you. If you aren’t familiar with the law firms in your region, this can be a difficult decision since lawyers have specialized fields of expertise, and you may not really know if one is better than another. Consider these tips when choosing your personal injury lawyer.
- Be sure that the attorney you choose is not only experienced and trustworthy but that they have the financial resources to stand up to corporations and insurance companies. Sometimes smaller firms just don’t have the necessary resources.
- Choose an attorney who has time to give you personal attention. It is important that the attorney who represents you knows you and your case on a personal level. Some attorneys have their assistants handle all preliminary aspects of a case and never even meet their clients.
- Find out how many personal injury cases the firm has handled. You want to be certain that the lawyers at the firm have experience in a wide variety of personal injury cases.
- Do your research to find out if the firm is respected by their peers and colleagues. Look for peer evaluations of the attorneys at the law firm you choose. You want to find documented evidence of their achievements and consistent success.
- Read reviews. Although online reviews are not always the best way to judge any business, you can get a feel for others’ opinion of the firm this way.
- Be sure the firm you choose only represents plaintiffs. If your attorney is representing both injury victims and insurance companies, the conflict of interest is something to be wary of.
If you need the help of one of the most highly esteemed personal injury law firms in Oregon, reach out to Shlesinger & deVilleneuve today. We offer free initial consultations to discuss your case, and we represent our clients on a contingency basis, so if we don’t win a settlement for you, you don’t pay us a cent. Visit our website, or call us at (541) 485-8411.